FAI Hang Gliding and Paragliding Commission (CIVL)
XC Instruments Accepted
The list of CIVL approved flight instruments for FAI Category 1.
Updated on the date of 22 February 2023.
How to get your instrument on the list:
1. Make your device compliant to the rules set up by CIVL Flight instrument specification. Download the specification here.
This Specification was published on FAI CIVL website on December 19, 2017 as a proposal to the Agenda (Annexe 30) and voted and approved by CIVL Plenary on February 3-4, 2018.
2. Sign the Conformity declaration. Download here.
3. Send a scan of the signed Declaration and an example IGC file to firstname.lastname@example.org
Validation of IGC
1. IGC file validation for organizers and pilots is located at http://vali.fai-civl.org/validation.html
2. If you are a manufacturer and you need to update or add your validation program you need to submit a ticket to http://support.fai-civl.org/
The open validation server (http://vali.fai-civl.org/validation.html) is currently unable to accept new submissions from manufacturers. Scorers wishing to check the security of affected IGC files should contact the instrument manufacturer.